Saturday, April 02, 2005

14 days - The Rosedale Ride

Saturday I rode the Rosedale Ride, for the Rosedale School, an Austin school dedicated to teaching young children who have multiple disabilities. My student that I rode for was named Brandon, a very special young man. I am very pleased to be able to help the Rosedale cause.

The ride was my first "supported" ride. That meant there were rest stops with folks who gave out water, fruit and other foods while we rested. Most importantly, it meant there were POTTIEs at the rest stops. Woo-hoo! The support teams were wonderful and so helpful.

It was a beautiful day for a beautiful cause, and we took advantage of that. We rode pretty hard between rest stops, and I clocked my highest average MPH during this ride. My teammate, Jason, had an incredible amount of energy, and at the end of the ride, he was able to sprint to the finish. Wow.

Speaking of Wow, the most amazing thing about this ride were all the wonderful people from the Rosedale School, they cheered us on and were very appreciative of our efforts. Of course, the cheering went both ways as well, from us to them, appreciating their efforts to help the children. That's the best thing anyone can do.

Well done Rosedale!

Pictures from the ride will be posted on the web. When I find my picture posted, I will put the link here. We all had numbers taped to our helmets. I guess one thing I'll find out also is how many people rode for the charity cause. I had heard over 1,000 riders registered. Yeah!

So it's two weeks to my first overnight ride, the MS 150. Tomorrow I will try a 47 miler to see how well I am doing with back to back distance rides. I'm getting a bit nervous at the distance.

Take care boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home