Friday, March 18, 2005

29 days - bad mechanic, no biscuit!!!

Ever since the first long distance ride, the speed/distance sensor quit working reliably. Naturally, this made the whole use of the Lance Armstrong system useless, among other things.

I finally wrote the manufacturer, and they sent me a list of "don't do this", followed by another list of "do this". I found out that the mechanic who set up my bike did ALL of the DON'Ts and almost none of the DOs. Figures. Seems you can't get a good mechanic for either car OR bike.

All he had to do was say "I don't know how to do this", and I would have been a lot happier, instead of puzzling what *I* was doing wrong for 3 weeks, all while losing precious data.

Took me one email and 10 minutes to fix completely correctly. Jeeeeezzzz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home