Sunday, March 20, 2005

27 days - Maximum effort @ Dripping Springs

This is the first time I have ridden two days in a row and it hurt. I figured with 3 weeks to go, I needed to know what it's like to ride two long rides back to back. Moreover, this ride was a huge effort as well, with lots of hills.

So the result was postive (if painful). I can ride back to back days, but the big lesson was not to get out of aerobic riding on the first day. Too much lactic acid buildup and fatigue sets in. I did do much on the Saturday ride, and my legs felt like fire on the Sunday, no fun at all, especially on the hills.

There were definitely times when I thought I was not going to finish the ride, and thankfully, with the benefit of fellow riders, I was able to get the strength together to make it.

Going to take it easier next weekend, at least not riding back to back. I'll probably ride the long ride on Sunday instead, maybe do a 60 miler at a modest pace to see what it's like to be in the saddle for a very long time, and importantly, learn how to pace my eating and energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home