Monday, April 16, 2007

New Pants

Prodded by my best buddy ever (thanks Helen)... here is a progress report on 100 Miles a week.

To make a long story short, let's discuss the word "commitment". To find the time, energy, patience (and weather) to do 100 miles a week on a cycle is a very hard and serious commitment. I have been very successful, with interruptions coming mostly from out of town trips.

One key result, the realization you have to make your workstyle work for your lifestyle, not the other way around. Most, if not all the people I discuss this with not only would not do such a thing, but really, they can't even imagine it. This is a bummer.

It's liberating to be able to take life on the way I want, work the way I want, all around the lifestyle I want. Well, at least *this* aspect of my lifestyle. Plenty of other things to work on yet...

Other than some tire trouble and one set of VERY fast farm dogs that I clocked at 28 MPH trying to nip at me (!), the cycle is working, the 'ol bod' is working, and I am in the market for yet another set of new pants. This time I need a new belt too!

Coming soon - the food rant!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo.
And here I am all proud of myself for walking 100 miles in 3 months.

100 miles A WEEK!
I swoon in awe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home