Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Much delayed postscript - 2006 MS 150

I rode the 2006 MS 150, after training for the entire year on hill after hill, while increasing my distance riding. Lance's book was spot on, and my performance and endurance really increased.

The 2006 MS 150 I averaged over 18 MPH, and right near 18 MPH on the second day, and that includes the Bechtel Challenge section, so that is really, really satisfying.

Also, the safety of the ride was much improved, I didn't see or hear about accidens or the foolishness of 2005. Still, the riders were in general uneducated in group riding, and generally not paying as much attention as they should have.

So 2006 was my last MS 150. A great ride and a great cause. But I am moving on to the Tour de Cure, addressing diabetes, a much more widespread, and easily preventable disease.

1 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woo hoo... you're blogging again!
welcome aboard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home