Friday, February 18, 2005

57 days - I got my bicycle!

I got my bike today! It works really well and I am still amazed at how light it is.

I went through a process called "fitting", where a bicycle mechanic measured all sorts of things while I pedaled on the bike to make sure I was perfectly set up for the seat height, seat slide handlebar height. Pretty cool. Apparently, if you don't get these things done, you will have sore spots or be really hurting after a long ride (and long rides are the point of this whole exercise).

Today was an "off" training day, which is just as well. It was a very long week both working and training and I feel really beat up. I guess that's why they give you one day off :) Still, my blood glucose before dinner was 91, which is awesome! So now I am understanding that the good effects of exercise on insulin sensitivity can last as long as 72 hours after exercise. It sure helped today.

Saturday and Sunday I have two tough rides ahead of me, so I will be studying routes to use. The first is a normal ride, the second ride has to be hilly - argh. I think both rides are "zone 2", where I have to keep my heart rate up to 65-70% of maximum for an hour and an hour and a half respectively. This will be a hard one. I will probably go later in the day towards dusk.

Hmmm...I'd better make sure I am wearing highly visible clothing.

My Dad called and told me he has his heart monitor if I need to borrow it, that will help.

Good night boys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home